2013年3月26日星期二

ARCH 653 PROJECT PROCESS


To build this model , the major challenge for me is how create the curve roof and floor. It is very hard to create the complex curved surface. I tried different ways in surface:divided the surface into three separate curve, and use a series of curve at parallel reference plane. However, these ways cannot create a precise curve. Then I found that curve is formed by contours. But the surface created by topography tools cannot be edited as mass or created to a roof , or surface cannot be created by contours in the conceptual mass. In this case, I use rhino to finish my conceptual mass. I use AutoCAD, Rhino and Revit in my project.



Trial 1 -  Parallel reference plan in Revit

drawing curves on parallel reference plans and make a form.



I can only define limited number of lines and cannot create a very  precise curve.

Trial 2 contours
 use topography tool in revit



It can create a surface but that cannot edit in mass or project.

Trail 3 
In conceptual mass, I insert autocad files and align contours to different levels base on their elevation.

try to create forms
It failed because there are more than one lines on a reference plan.



Trial 4    



mesh geometry cannot used to compute mass floor, so I use roof instead of it.

没有评论:

发表评论